World Cup Links

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This is why some Americans will never be into soccer

Here's a horrible article from a one-time favorite writer of mine (at least when he was with Sports Illustrated, he's been garbage since joining ESPN.)Rick Reilly. Read it here.

I mean really Reilly? Come on now? Why must you be so American in wanting everything to change just because YOU don't like it. I was born and raised in America, so I consider myself American but I was raised in a Hispanic household. The rest of the world has NO PROBLEM with how the game is run! I love my the Red, White and Blue and I hope this sport grows here but seriously. There's a reason why the NFL and MLB aren't very popular around the world (and my favorite sport is baseball). The American mentality is to change something even if it's not broken, just because we don't like it. The World Cup is the world's biggest sporting event, bigger than the Super Bowl (yes my fellow Americans there is something in the world more watched than that yearly parade of new and expensive commercials). This is just flat out ignorance Reilly. I know you don't care much but you have officially lost a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment